Monday, 4 May 2015

Dans bush blog 3

Hi everyone.
So today was my chance for this “city boy” to enhance the senses and really tune into the African bush through the very unique “Bush Experience”
Myself and our guests were driven into the heart of the reserve and given a range of equipment to dull our already inexperienced senses. After adjusting to the gloves, blindfold and ear-protectors, each one was gradually peeled off to give a new level of sensitivity to each sense. I must say my touch and sight were noticeably sharper but without a doubt I felt the most difference when the ear protectors came off and it felt like the bush just came alive around us.
It felt like I’d shed away a load of the dullness that had been building up over the years of living in cities because straight away I noticed the different levels of birds calling, insects buzzing past and antelope running. 

It honestly felt like someone had just switched the bush to HD!

If you want to know more about my bush experience, or you just fancy seeing the camp in a video then check out the next entry to my video blog.

I’ll also be dipping into the wildlife conservation work of INGWE leopard research over the next couple of days so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment