Tuesday, 16 December 2014


I’m Dan Swan, On Track Safari’s fresh-out-the-box intern and my plan is to start this blog so that you can join me through my yearlong adventure with Will, Carol and the rest of the OTS team. Originally a Worcester kid, I finally ventured down to Bournemouth at the ripe old age of 20 to begin my studies of Tourism Management at the University. With a placement year being a hugely important part of my course, I began my hunt for my perfect work experience. But as the months rolled by and with deadline drawing closer and closer, the panic slowly set in.  This was until I stumbled across a small, very to the point, advertisement on my University online facilities from my future head-honcho Will Fox. With a passion for nature tourism and responsible travel, you can only image my excitement (and relief) when this little internship advert described the opportunity to a part of a company who not only run a range of African safaris…but do so to fund their very own wildlife conservation organisation! To me, Will and the company seemed so genuine in what they offer in their safaris as well as their mission for protecting African big and furries.

Needless to say I was buzzing after the countless emails and Skype calls with dodgy signal out in the bush that I finally landed my position as intern with On Track Safaris. I’m now two months in and have already learned so much from the team. Unlike my University peers, it feels like I have so much freedom and responsibility in my position that has already led me to creating marketing and promotion campaigns, utilising our social media channels and being a part of the enquiry and booking process.

On Track Safaris has given me this amazing opportunity to do something unique with my placement year and this is only the beginning. I will be uploading regular blogs so you can keep up to date with my journey during my time with OTS. Stay tuned.

Written by Dan Swan
www.ontracksafaris.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment