Wednesday, 12 June 2013

New Lions cubs

It's always great to see new additions to any family. And I know I shouldn't be biased, but.......I always get a kick out of seeing new members of any of the cat species we see on safari.
Take this groups of lion cubs for instance. We were fortunate to sit with them for 45 mins a few days ago. Cute doesn't come close to describing them, but I figure you get the picture.
Of-course we worry about their survival. After all this is the African bush and there are many other animals who don't share my opinion of lion cubs. A large herd of Buffalo were only 2kms away and they would kill the cubs if they have the chance. They know what happens when the cubs grow up!
But with their mother and aunts on hand to protect and nurture them they're in goo hands.

Written by Will Fox
Join us on safari
www.ontracksafaris.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment